Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Confident in Weird



Up until my late twenties, I was very worried about what others thought about me. Heck, I didn’t even tell my immediate family I was writing until I had a short story published. I was so worried that everyone would think I was weird.

Now… well not so much.




I’m pretty confident about my weirdness. I like to say, “Zig when everyone else is zaggin’.” First of all, I don’t run with the popular crowd. I find it too exhausting to keep up. Second, I don’t have the same interests as the majority of people. Third, I don’t want to be like everyone else. I would like to aspire and evolve into something spectacular, and that means taking a route completely different than the everyday mediocre.

So I came to the conclusion that I needed to have a master list of things I want to do different than the mainstream. Some call it the “Bucket List.”

I believe that bucket lists say a lot about an individual. My bucket list probably says to others, “She is a little off and leans toward creativity,” and it may also say, “She won’t be jumping out of planes anytime soon.” So here is my bucket list in no particular order.


  •       Be a published author, maybe even best selling. Shoot for the stars!
  •       Build a sweet off-the-grid retreat.
  •       Compete in a bikini diva fitness competition. I would settle for getting my body to that kind of shape… I have a long way to go.
  •       Tour castles in Europe.
  •       Learn Spanish.
  •       Learn to play the guitar.
  •       Do a spa weekend with my girlfriends at a fancy schmancy resort. Maybe try a little Botox…
  •      Vacation in Bora Bora.
  •     Build my dream home and have it paid off.
  •   Hand out hundred dollar bills to unsuspecting individuals.
  •   Eat lobster in Maine
  •   Be a Georgia Peach.
  •   Hang out with Jeffery R. Holland for a day.
  •   Take my husband to the “motherland”…i.e. Scotland.
  •  Eat molten lava cakes in Italy.
  •   Tour Area 51.
  •   Help with casting in a movie made from one of my books.
  •   Complete nursing school with some semblance of sanity left.
  •   Successfully nap.
  •   Learn Ju-jitsu

The thing about my list is that it’s not set in stone. It will probably change several times. My point is what does your list say about you?  Are you confident in your individuality? That is the key to being extraordinary, being confident in you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs